The Library Beacon
St. Paul Public Library
Volume II MARCH, 1930 Number 3
THE LIBRARY IN 1929
HE settlement of the Hale estate released about $88,000 for
Branch buildings in the Hamline and Merriam Park
districts were authorized and plans almost completed.
The Library Advisory Board was re-organized and put upon a more
The handling of Library statistics was re-organized and centralized.
The foundation was laid for a special Visual Aids department.
The Library Beacon, a monthly leaflet of information about the
Library, began publication.
Work with the Reading With A Purpose series was organized and
Income from the James H. Skinner Memorial Fund of $10,000 was
made available for the purchase of books for the general reader.
A gift from the Parent-Teacher Association made possible the inauguration of a special Parent-Teacher collection.
The Children's Book Exhibit was visited by 5,586 persons.
The Central Library was open for