The Duluth Public Library consists of a main downtown library and two branches in the city. The library was founded in 1890. The Duluth Collection, housed on the top floor of the main library in the North Shore Room, contains documents reflecting Duluth’s history. The library's Reference area also maintains historical newspaper clipping files and biography files, Duluth city directories, local newspapers, and other local history resources. The library contributed to Minnesota Reflections atlases, maps, and books that record and reflect the early history of Duluth and Northeastern Minnesota.