The storefront for the General Merchandise Store on Ninth Street and Fourth Avenue. Several people can be seen walking on both sides of the store. A horse and buggy are parked in front of the store. It is a two-story building, with apartments upstairs and an outside stairway.
E. J. Webber came to Fergus Falls in 1882. He was a blacksmith and his trade evolved into a farm machinery business. This residence was located at 506 West Lincoln Avenue. It was moved to Moorhead, Minnesota in 1992.
This house was built on the north side of Lake Shaokatan in 1878. It still stands, and was remodeled some time later. It was the home of Andrew Crain which was occupied later by his son and family and then later by a grandson and family, Dick Crain. This picture is of the P.K. Petersen family who lived there for a couple of years about 1895.
A photograph showing the exterior of the Cottonwood County Bank, built in 1895. A man and a child stand in front of the bank. An outside stairway is on the right side of the photograph and leads up to an apartment.
St. Thomas Literary and Debating Society in front of the old Administration Building. Seated in the front are the officers of the society: William O'Malley, Vice President; Reverend Terence Moore, President; Reverend William Lunner; James Doyle, Secretary.
A group of girls photographed in Wabasha, Minnesota. At least one of the girls became a Carleton student at a later date. Anna Satory Hicks (in the middle of the photo) is a daughter of John and Genevieve Satory, mother of John Hicks and great-aunt of John Satory (La Crosse, Wisconsin).
Chappell and Doughtery grocery. The dray team at the left belonged to C. H. Newton who is on the dray. Mr. Daugherty is in the left entrance and Mr. Chappell is in the right with C. W. McKay the Northern Pacific agent further to the right.
The play was given at the Courthouse Hall in 1895 by the Floral Club (later the Students Club) to raise funds to further interest in gardening. Front row, left to right: W.P. Fowler, Mrs. J.W. Harris, Henry Leaman (or Dr. Harris?), Mrs. F.A. Hancock, Mrs. Chas. Garlick, Mrs. Henry Wolff. Second row, left to right: Mrs. Elliot, Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Curtiss, Mrs. H.W. Stone, Mrs. Mary Pearce, Mrs. Mary Butterfield, A.A. Stone. Back row, left to right: Mrs. Messersmith, Mrs. Getz, S.J. Stebbins, Chas. Pepper (tall), J.D. Gillespie, F.E. Newell, H. Ward Stone, Henry Wolff (or Pete Ross?), Dr. H.L. Hulburd, Rev. A.H. Tebbets, Mrs. Tebbets.