Halenbeck Hall, completed in 1965, replaced Eastman Hall as St. Cloud State's home for physical education and athletics. The building was named for donor Philip Halenbeck. An addition was completed in 1980.
'Cascade' by Richard Hansen, 2000. Sitting in plaza between Performing Arts Center and Atwood Memorial Center, Cascade is inspired by the topography of the St. Cloud State campus as it engages the Mississippi River. The vertical granite forms with lively carved edges serve as abstracted slices through the campus as it meets the river. The forms also represent the sculptural presence throughout the seasons ' with cascading water during the warm season and with the memory of water during the winter months.
Riverview opened as the campus model school in 1913 where students could watch experienced teachers teach and to student teach. In 1958, the model school moved from Riverview to the new Gray Campus Laboratory School.