Publication detailing the purpose of the school, academic calendar, expenses associated with the school, admission requirements, classes offered, graduation requirements, and the model school. In addition, the catalog lists the faculty and students by class for the year. Other information includes campus buildings, equipment, library, student groups, and the alumni association, The State Normal School, founded in 1869, changed names several times: St. Cloud State Teachers College (1921), St. Cloud State College (1957), and St. Cloud State University (1975).
1895 annual report of the Board of Public Works of the City of St. Paul. This report tells the story of the development and use of the roads, sidewalks, sewers, gas lines and electricity. This information is gathered from primary resources of the period and goes into much detail. This reliable information is presented in reports, fold out statistical data sheets, maps, black and white photographs and sketches.
Students are sitting at their desks in a Hawthorne Grade School classroom; teacher: Miss Smith; 1st row: Ethel Fox, Hattie Rowley, Maude Burbank, Mattie Holt, James Robinson, unknown; 2nd row: Carl Kurtzman, Goldie Alexander, Ward Shaw, Gustave O'Neil, Earl Leonard, Charles Lamb; 3rd row: ___ Purcell, William McCabe, Laura Ekholt, Thomas Woodford, Nate Renslow; 4th row: Harry Walker, Elsie Wetherby, Floyd Darling, Hans Hanson
Note reads: "Taken in 1896. Residence and offices of Dr. John Wesley Andrews, 510 South Second St., Mankato, Minn. Office entrance: 125 E. Cherry St. Dr. Roy Andrews, son of J. W. and Cornelia Andrews daughter of Roy were born here (in this building)." Now Kahler Motel (1979).
Exterior view of Edwards Hall, a men's boarding club, with group portrait of boarders, 1896. Located on campus at the end of Princeton Avenue. Contributed by Richard Uriah Jones, Macalester College Class of 1901, and Macalester Head of Chemistry Department 1903-1941, and Dean of the College, 1917-1936.
Annual college catalog listing courses of study, alumni, roll of students, calendar, map, admission requirements, general information, descriptions of departments, Ladies' Auxiliary Board, summary of students, and lists of faculty and trustees. Includes the Collegiate Department, Macalester Classical Academy, and the Auxiliary Departments of Music, Elocution, and Drawing.
The fifth annual report of the Board of Park Commissioners describes membership and activities of the board during 1895, including improvements made to Como Park, developments to Phalen and Indian Mounds parks, parkway development, reports from the board superintendent and secretary, financial statements, and photographs of Irvine Park, Como Park, Carpenter Park, and Summit Park.
Winona Normal School football team of 1896. This was the ""championship"" team which scored 135 points during the season while allowing opponents to score only 12. Other teams defeated included the University of Minnesota and Carleton College.
Winona State University, Darrell W. Krueger Library
St. Benedict's Academy; Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
1895-1896 Fourteenth Annual Catalogue was published for the Academy of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota. Contents include description of institution, rules of discipline, course studies, fees, general and wardrobe regulations, list of students, daily schedule, list of textbooks and closing program.
Shoes and boots are displayed on the walls of the George Leonard Shoe Store. The older gentleman, on the right, reading the newspaper, is George Leonard's father. The woman on the left is Abbie Leonard. The business was located at 227 South Broadway.
Will Ireland (right) and Leslie Stillwell (left) are standing behind the counter at Ireland's Book Store. Stationery supplies and books line the walls. The book store was located at 121 South Broadway.
Lagerstrom's Cornet Band from St. Peter at the National G. A. R. parade at St. Paul in 1896. The names of seveal membes of the band are on another copy of this photograph at the Nicollet County Historical Society.
Interior of Lake Street Methodist Church decorated for Christmas. Located at Lake Street and Freemont Ave. South, Minneapolis. Lake Street Methodist was begun in 1885 as an daughter church of Simpson Methodist Episcopal. Rev. James Teeter issued a call to start a new congregation in "that district lying in the outskirts of the city, the territory to the East of Lakes Calhoun and Harriet and adjacent to Lake Street." Later it was renamed Joyce Memorial Methodist Church in honor of Bishop Isaac Wilson Joyce.
Minnesota Annual Conference United Methodist Church
Studio portrait of Leo (facing left) and Christ (facing right) Albrecht, of Belle Plaine. Wearing matching suits with white shirts that have bow at the neck and large ruffle collars and cuffs. Black jackets. Taken at Pelton's Studio, Belle Plaine.