College of St. Benedict; Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
1944-1945 with announcements for 1945-1946 is a Bulletin of the College of Saint Benedict, Saint Joseph, Minnesota. An annual catalogue was published for the College without including the Academy during the period of 1926-1962. During this time, the college operated under auspices of St. Benedict�s Monastery before the College was separately incorporated in 1962. Contents include calendar, table of contents, location and communication, accreditment, The Board of Advisers, faculty and administrative officers, divisions, aims, the Benedictine Heritage, buildings, grounds and equipment, student rooms, religious spirit, social and recreational opportunities, guest speaker and artists, clubs, day students, student council, health, leadership, student publications, traditional events, vocational opportunities, scholarships and opportunities for work, placement bureau, alumnae, admission, registration, classification of students, requirements for graduation, record of work, lower and upper division, suggested program for the degree of bachelor of arts, general information, divisions and departments, student roster, index and advertisement for St. John's University.
Class of 1944 at North Central Bible Institute in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Students (Top row, left to right): Betty Elaine Allison, Ileen Andrews, Alice V. Bockman, Wanda C. Belville, Herbert Benton, Mary Berry, Armaine Bjerk, Helen M. Blood. (Second row, left to right): Esther E. Boneck, Adella V. Buckman, Ercell Burroughs, C. Genevieve Carlson, Violet Cool, Richard Deover, Charles DeBoer, Marguerite Edlund. (Third row, left to right): Christelle Evans, clinton G. Fick, Willard W. Glade, LaVerne Golbricht, John Grill, Stanley E. Harper, Orie L. Hosmer, Lavan M. Illum. (Fourth row, left to right): Leslie P. Jenson, Charol Johnson, Ruth E. Johnson, Phyllis E. Johnson, Mary A. Larson, Ralph H. Laughlin, Ezra H. Liechty, Eugene Marsceau. (Fifth row, left to right): Adeline Mattson, Betty Lou Miller, Goldien Mueller, Carl R. McConnell, Carrie Neumann, Agnes M. Norton, Elva E. Norton, Esther D. Opsol. (Sixth row, left to right): Roselle Oscarson, Fern E. Pegram, Harry Peterson, Jeon Serr, Eileen Marie Bungart (Secretary), Duane V. Hurst (Vice-President), John P. Phillipps (President), Leone G. Johnson (Treasurer-Valedictorian), Evangeline Thompson (Salutatarian), Hottie Sheldon, Violet Sheldon, M. Louis Smith, Alvina Starkenberg. (Seventh row, left to right): Eileen Swanstrom, Helen L. Volts, Peter V. Brooks, Elizabeth Hild, Bayard Carlson, Evelyn Newman, John C. Newman (Class Speaker), Arlene C. Froemke (Class Speaker), Elizabeth Wilson. Faculty (Beginning top row, left to right): Reverend Emil A. Balliet, Reverend Ivan O. Miller (Dean of Men), Reverend F. J. Lindquist (President), Mrs. Anna F. Magnuson (Dean of Women), Reverend Russell H. Olson, Reverend Donald Edson, Reverend Herbert Snyder, Reverend Bartlett Peterson, Reverend Wilson Katter, Mr. Mark J. Bell, Miss Shirley Younglund. In 1938, North Central Business College (NCBC) was created and added to the school's title. NCBC was dropped in 1945, and, in 1946, NCBI became NCBI&TS when a Theological Seminary (TS) was added. The seminary remained until 1949. North Central Bible Institute was renamed North Central Bible College in 1957. The most recent name change was in 1998, when North Central Bible College became North Central University.
View of three women, wearing dresses, standing together, Grayce Kenedea (center), Masake Miyake(right), Ardith Burrell (serving), Masake Miyake, known to students as Mike, and Grayce Keneda came to college this year to complete their degrees in education. After Pearl Harbor both girls were interned with their families at relocation centers on the west coast. They taught Japanese children at these centers until they reached permission from the U.S. Government to attend school at St. Cloud State. The Japanese girls are enjoying a little snack after their performance with the Cecilian Glee Club of which they were members. Ardith Burrell is president of the club.
Lucile Pearson (standing) and Eleanor Niemi (seated), both wearing sweaters and skirts, learning how to use an adding machine. Lucille Pearson is standing and looking over the shoulder of Eleanor Niemi sitting at the adding machine.
Program for the Minnesota Library Association 51st annual conference, held October 5th-7th, 1944 at Hotel Lowry in St. Paul, Minnesota. Includes a welcome address by John J. McDonough, Mayor of St. Paul. Keynotes speakers at general sessions include: Carl Vitz on the topic of Minnesota Libraries today (Librarian, Minneapolis Public Library), Mortimer J. Adler, and John R. Tunis on the topic of books and young people.
Notes, with handwritten corrections, on the 1944 Minnesota Library Assocation (MLA) annual conference, held October 5-7, 1944 in St. Paul, Minnesota by MLA Acting Secretary-Treasurer Ruth M. Jedermann. Includes detailed descriptions of the opening reception and four general sessions. Inserted are the MLA Treasurer's Report for fiscal year 1944 and a reading list of sports titles.
Typed notes on the address by Mortimer K Adler titled "How to Read a Page" on the subject of adult education. This address was presented on October 6 at the 1944 Annual Conference of the Minnesota Library Association in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Text of the welcoming address of the 1944 Minnesota Library Association (MLA) Annual Conference, held October 5-7, 1944 in St. Paul. Frank J. Madden offered a welcome to St. Paul on behalf of Mayor John J. McDonough. Attendees were also welcomed by Perrie Jones of the St. Paul Public Library.
Minnesota Library Association; Shipman, Frances R.
Letter from the Minnesota Library Association Radio Representative Frances R. Shipman to Secretary Marian Phillips reporting on activities for the 1943-1944 year. Activities included the arrangement of contestants for the Twin Cities Radio Quiz of November 1, 1943, which included members of the Minneapolis and St. Paul Public Libraries. Contest winnings were donated to the Children's Memorial Library Fund.