United States Department of the Interior Geological Survey; State of Minnesota, Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Commission
Whyte quadrangle topographic map (N4715-W9130/15) featuring handwritten notations by Ray Segar in pencil and red ink regarding logging railroad lines in the Superior National Forest area near Silver Creek Township.
Westport Church built in 1870, razed 1955. The church was built by popular subscription and was used by various denominations - Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran. By 1915 it was associated with the Villard Methodist Church. The building was also the first school in Westport. The first teacher was Nellie Shaw.