The first Crack Drill Squad at the College of St. Thomas. The officers in the front row are from left to right: Cadet 1st Lt. E. J. Carr, Cadet Major Louis Pepin, and Cadet 1st Lt. August Rhode. The original Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas is seen in the background.
The College of St. Thomas football team for 1906. Front row: Two mascots, unknown. Second row (left to right): Unknown, Robert Wirth, Serenus Skahen, Fred Sandborn, Robert Mulloy, Joseph O'Neill (assistant manger), Louis Pepin, Louis Laughlin, unknown, unknown, unknown, Herbert Huebel. Third row (left to right): Frank Kelly, Clete Mulick, John Foley, Joseph Hannan, Leo O'Rourke (captain), unknown, unknown, Earnest Carr, unknown, John Kent. Back row (left to right): unknown, unknown, Charles McKusker, Thomas Canty (manager), unknown, unknown, John Donahoe, Ed Rogers (coach).
Internal view of one of three original parlors in Derham Hall; this room was located on the first floor to the left of the front entrance of the building. The door leads to what was once a small office containing the only telephone in the building.
Members of the 1905 football team for the College of St. Thomas. Front row (left to right) : Fred Sanborn, unknown mascot, Louis Pepin. Second Row (left to right): John Quinlan, John Duggan, Ignatius O'Shaughnessy (captain), Leo O'Rourke, unknown. Third row (left to right): Fr. James Doyle, Joseph Hannan, Howard Pennington, Leo Nemzek, William Harrington, William Donahoe (manager). Back row (l-r); Edward Conmy, Henry Schurch.
Earliest photograph of Derham Hall first building erected on the campus of the College of St. Catherine by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Cornerstone laid 1903; building completed 1904. Named in honor of Hugh Derham of Rosemount Minnesota a generous benefactor. View of the west (front) and north wing of the building from the northwest. The small building in the in the rear was called the Power House at that time.
College of St. Thomas baseball team for 1904. The old Administration Building and the first Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas are in the background. Front Row: Thomas Lee, James McGuire, William Hennigan. Second Row: Joe Tomek, E. Halfpenny, Reverend James Doyle, Maurice Ryan, Bernard Leutge. Back Row: William Harrington, T. Kerins, Philip Gordon, William Coleman, Edward Casey, Daniel Booth, Ed Meyers, L. Rose. Title supplied by cataloger.
Members of the Philomathic Literary and Debating Society at the College of St. Thomas. Front Row: John Keenan, Peter Gadient, "Duke" Ryan, William McCarron, John Neary, unknown, unknown. Second Row: James Byrnes, James Neary, James Nolan, Pat Lydon, William McHale, Edward Casey, Martin Cullen, Thomas Welch, Michael Healy. Third Row: Joseph Makowski, Homer Hogan, Frank Matz, James Jiracek, Mathias O'Laughlin, Frank Kelly, Mike McQuaid(?). Fourth Row: Charles Shields, unknown, Paul Abel, Peter Tibesar, Stanley Dobrenski, James O'Phelan, William Grace, Patrick Franklin. Back Row: James O'Reilley, Tom Canty, Ed Sprenger, Mike McRath, Philip Brady, William Coleman, William Luby, William Haas, Joseph Cleary, Maurice Ryan, Reverend Terence Moore.
The College of St. Thomas baseball team for 1902. Front row (left to right): James Doyle, John Peschges, Joe Tomek, Mike Sheeran, Maurice Ryan, Emmit Halpenny, T. Kerins, Bernard Hoppenyan. Back row (left to right): Harry Conway (coach), William Fleming, Martin Cullen (manager), Steve Dowd, Charles McDermott, Mike Healy (assistant manager), Martin Griffin.
Members of the choir for the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas at the College of St. Thomas. Front row (left to right): Paul O'Gorman, Professor Leo Bruenner (director), Thomas A. Welch and Mathiaas O'Laughlin. Second Row (left to right) unknown, James Griffin, Homer Hogan, James Bynes, Thomas Kerwick, James Curran, Edward Casey. Third Row (left to right): William Grace, Michael Powers, Maurice Ryan, and Martin Cullen. Back row (left to right): George Sullivan, Benjamin Kelly, James O'Hara, Michael Healy, Lawrence Ryan, James Nolan, Peter Tibesar, John Wagner.
A view of the campus grounds of the College of St. Thomas. The buildings appearing in the background are, from left to right, the old Science Building, the old Administration Building, and the first Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas. Title supplied by cataloger.