Members of the hockey team of the College of St. Thomas for 1922 - 1923. Front row (left to right): Robert Stebbing, William Houle, Albert Corboy (captain). Back row (left to right): Roland Bork (manager), George Conroy, John Sterret, Donald De Courcey, ""Ed"" Gibbs, Fr. Francis Gillen (Director of Athletics).
External view of the North side of College Hall, which was later named Whitby Hall. Two students are shown on the steps leading to the entrance of the Jeanne d'Arc Auditorium. The wrought iron fence was erected around the campus in 1923 and Randolph Avenue is pictured in the foreground.
Nine members of the College of St. Catherine basketball team are shown posing on the steps of a building. The student in the middle of the front row is holding a ball lettered CSC 1920. On the back of the original photograph there is a note saying that in 1919-1920 this team won eight out of nine games.
Members of the football team for the College of St. Thomas for 1919. Fr. John Dunphy (Director of Athletic) stands at the far right of the back row. The Classroom Building, old Administration Building, old Science Building and the Shooting Gallery can be seen in the background.
Members of the 1917 - 1918 basketball team for the College of St, Thomas. Front row (left to right): Reginald Goette, Oscar Swanson, William Meagher (captain), Thomas Dondelet, D. Martin Coughlin. Back row (left to right); Fr. John Dunphy, Earl Goheen, Caldwell Kenney (manager), Thomas Quinn, George Keogan (coach).
The honored guests at the annual military inspection of the College of St. Thomas. In the front row from left to right: Colonel Julius Penn, Archbishop John Ireland and Captain R. I. Rees. The Shooting Gallery and old Administration Building can be seen in the background.
Members of the track team of the College of St. Thomas and the St. Thomas Military Academy. Back row (left to right) : Ignatius Donnelly, Joseph Sullivan, Beaupre Eldrige, M. T. Caine (Coach), Clement McCarthy, Chester Graus, Thomas Dandalet. Middle row (left to right); Arthur Tavis, Stanley Murphy, Francis McCue, Homer Gruenther, Leo Mudd, Lawrence Wolf. Sitting in front row (left to right): John Buckley, Herman Brown.
Members of the football team for the College of St. Thomas. Front row (left to right): Thomas Walsh (manager), Charles Bellinger, Joseph Roach (mascot), Raymond Wiper, Daniel Coughlin. Second row (left to right) Elbert Fischer, Earl Goheen, Reginald Goette, Oscar Swanson, John Ashbaugh, Thomas Dondelet (captain), Howard Moriarty, Charles Harrington, Thomas Quinn, Horace La Bissionere. Back row (left to right): Fr. John Dunphy (Director of Athletics), Stanley Murphy, William Reitmeyer, John Madigan, Arthur Egan, Arnold Wallerius, Eugene Bowe, Gregory Flattley, George Boylan, George Keogh (coach). The Gleason House, Infirmary, Classroom Building and the old Administration Building can be seen in the background.
The College of St. Thomas Corps of Cadets on the parade grounds at the annual military inspection. The Gleason House, Infirmary, old Administration Building and old Science Building are seen in the background.
Members of the 1917 baseball team for the College of St. Thomas. Front row (left to right): Alexander Dumas, Harry Turgeon (mascot), Joseph Donlin. Second row (left to right): Paul Madigan, Robert McMenemy, Arthur Barret, Lawrence Loney, Alfred Donaghue, William Dwyer. Back row (left to right): Fr. John Dunphy, Henry Mooney, Thomas Quinn, Arthur Coleman (manager), Lloyd Lynch, Earl Goheen, Fr. Edmund O'Connor (coach).
Students in costume are shown standing on the lawn in front of College Hall. This photograph shows the cast of the play Every Woman's Road, which was performed in the spring of 1917. The West and North sides of Derham Hall can be seen in the upper left of the picture.
Internal view of the first library at the College of St. Catherine; it was located in the Northeast wing of the first floor of Derham Hall. A six drawer card catalog sits on a stand to the left of the center window.
Corps of Cadets at the annual military inspection. Homes on Selby Avenue can be seen in the background. The old Science Building and old Administration Building can be seen in the upper right hand corner of the image.
External view of College Hall, the second building erected on the campus of the College of St. Catherine by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Its construction began in 1912 and was completed in 1914. Although it was originally called College Hall the name was later changed to Whitby Hall in 1929. The building housed the Jeanne d'Arc Auditorium and contained facilities for teaching music, art, drama, science, and home economics and was also a residence hall for students.
Three graduates of the class of 1914 are shown posing on the stage of Jeanne d' Arc Auditorium in College Hall. The students are surrounded by ferns and flowers; a piano is hidden amid the foliage and an organ is flanked by steps in the center.
Photograph of eight students studying in the library in Derham Hall. A medalion of Jeanne d'Arc rests on the floor on the right; this was a gift to Archbishop John Ireland from the people of Orleans, France. The Archbishop in turn gave the medallion to the College of St. Catherine for the opening of its Jeanne d'Arc Auditorium in 1914.