Campus of the St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary, later called the College of St. Thomas. Lake Mennith is in the foreground; the Gleason House is on the left with the St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary building on the right. Title supplied by cataloger.
St. Thomas Literary and Debating Society in front of the old Administration Building. Seated in the front are the officers of the society: William O'Malley, Vice President; Reverend Terence Moore, President; Reverend William Lunner; James Doyle, Secretary.
The College of St. Thomas football team of 1901 in front of the old Classroom Building. In front: unknown mascot. First Row: T. Merritt Coughlan, James Griffin, Edward Scallon, Edward Costello, Michael Powers. Second Row: James Curran, James O'Hara, John Gleason, James O'Reilly, Thomas Kane. Third Row: Charles White, Laureat Martineau, Harry Conway, Maurice Ryan, Edward Casey. Back Row: Joseph Ryan, James Meehan, Martin Cullen, Paul O'Gorman.
The faculty and students of the College of St. Thomas in front of the old Administration Building. Fr. John Dolphin, president of the College of St. Thomas, is seated in the middle of the front row. Title supplied by cataloger.
A view of the campus grounds of the College of St. Thomas. The buildings appearing in the background are, from left to right, the old Science Building, the old Administration Building, and the first Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas. Title supplied by cataloger.
Members of the choir for the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas at the College of St. Thomas. Front row (left to right): Paul O'Gorman, Professor Leo Bruenner (director), Thomas A. Welch and Mathiaas O'Laughlin. Second Row (left to right) unknown, James Griffin, Homer Hogan, James Bynes, Thomas Kerwick, James Curran, Edward Casey. Third Row (left to right): William Grace, Michael Powers, Maurice Ryan, and Martin Cullen. Back row (left to right): George Sullivan, Benjamin Kelly, James O'Hara, Michael Healy, Lawrence Ryan, James Nolan, Peter Tibesar, John Wagner.
The College of St. Thomas baseball team for 1902. Front row (left to right): James Doyle, John Peschges, Joe Tomek, Mike Sheeran, Maurice Ryan, Emmit Halpenny, T. Kerins, Bernard Hoppenyan. Back row (left to right): Harry Conway (coach), William Fleming, Martin Cullen (manager), Steve Dowd, Charles McDermott, Mike Healy (assistant manager), Martin Griffin.
Members of the Philomathic Literary and Debating Society at the College of St. Thomas. Front Row: John Keenan, Peter Gadient, "Duke" Ryan, William McCarron, John Neary, unknown, unknown. Second Row: James Byrnes, James Neary, James Nolan, Pat Lydon, William McHale, Edward Casey, Martin Cullen, Thomas Welch, Michael Healy. Third Row: Joseph Makowski, Homer Hogan, Frank Matz, James Jiracek, Mathias O'Laughlin, Frank Kelly, Mike McQuaid(?). Fourth Row: Charles Shields, unknown, Paul Abel, Peter Tibesar, Stanley Dobrenski, James O'Phelan, William Grace, Patrick Franklin. Back Row: James O'Reilley, Tom Canty, Ed Sprenger, Mike McRath, Philip Brady, William Coleman, William Luby, William Haas, Joseph Cleary, Maurice Ryan, Reverend Terence Moore.
College of St. Thomas baseball team for 1904. The old Administration Building and the first Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas are in the background. Front Row: Thomas Lee, James McGuire, William Hennigan. Second Row: Joe Tomek, E. Halfpenny, Reverend James Doyle, Maurice Ryan, Bernard Leutge. Back Row: William Harrington, T. Kerins, Philip Gordon, William Coleman, Edward Casey, Daniel Booth, Ed Meyers, L. Rose. Title supplied by cataloger.
Earliest photograph of Derham Hall first building erected on the campus of the College of St. Catherine by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Cornerstone laid 1903; building completed 1904. Named in honor of Hugh Derham of Rosemount Minnesota a generous benefactor. View of the west (front) and north wing of the building from the northwest. The small building in the in the rear was called the Power House at that time.