The Consolidated School in Nicollet, Minnesota, was a familiar sight to generations of students. The decision to consolidate district schools in the Nicollet area and to construct this school building was made in 1916. The building was demolished in 1985.
Hancock Public School. Note on back to Louise Erdman, Holloway, from Hilda. Postcard published for Chris Rygh, Hancock, MN, printed in Germany. Part of this building was later remodeled to serve as a church for the Scandinavian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hancock.
This postcard shows the Public School building in Nicollet that was used prior to the construction of the Consolidated School in 1916. A portion of the old water town can be seen at the far right of the postcard.