The William Klein furniture store on the east side of the 200 block of South Minnesota Avenue in St. Peter. The store was built in 1872 and was destroyed in a major fire in St. Peter in November of 1887.
This photograph of the A.M. Miller sawmill and crew in front of the mill building shows water barrels on the roof. The barrels were used to attempt to put out fires. Some crew members are sitting on a lumber pile located there. Andreas M. Miller's sawmill was located approximately one mile north of the Village of Thomson on the Midway River.
This photograph depicts the A.M. (Andreas M.) Miller sawmill and a large crew on the mill grounds, with railroad tracks in the foreground. A.M. Miller's mill was located approximately one mile north of the Village of Thomson on the Midway River.
The east side of the 200 block of South Minnesota Avenue in St. Peter. Left to right: William Klein furniture, the Cheap Cash store, A. J. Lamberton general store, the First National Bank, C. Amundson general store, Anderson general store, Deutschmann general store.
In the photograph starting on the North side and West end is the Loomis House with the picket fence in front; John Wold Store; Tollerson Millinery; saloon; old printing office; J.A. Gieriet; M. Olson; dwelling on the lot of Davis and Mullen.
Esther (Sarkela) Huuima wrote that this photo was from a sawmill in Thomson. She identifies her father and her brother, Hugo Sarkela, in the photo, as indicated by the two ink check marks. The check mark in the back center of the photo marks the father, and the checkmark in the front center indicates Hugo Sarkela. Note the four fire fighting water barrels on top of the roof, as well as the teams of horses and wagons. The man in the back with a black suit is probably the boss of the operation.
Exterior view of the Shumaker and Rietman Store. Al Shumaker is on the right. Shumaker and Rietman was a dry goods and grocery store. The reverse of the image is marked, "Shumaker and Woodley 1st permanent store in 1876 - burned - 1st new store - F. Shumaker 1879."