Exterior view of the Mason and Boardman hardware store in St. Peter, which was located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Minnesota Avenue and Grace street. photograph E1393 shows the same "HARDWARE" sign.
400 Block, South Front Street, 1860, with horse-drawn buggies and buildings; notes on back of photo say,""1860--Front St.--Cherry to Jackson (West Side)" and ""More likely Jackson to Cherry." Photo is printed in reverse (text on signs is backwards).
Exterior view of the Krueger Hotel in St. Peter, which was located on the northeast corner of the intersection of Fifth street and Broadway. The hotel was operated by Mr. and Mrs. William Krueger. It was also called the Pink Hotel.
A view to the north along South Minnesota Avenue in St. Peter showing the east side of the 100 block (at center of photograph) and the east side of the 200 block (at right). Buildings on the west side of Minnesota Avenue are visible on the left side of the photograph.
Early Barn Bluff businesses are shown. On the far left is the sawmill of Grannis, Daniels and Company. The Francis Ives building is in the center and the Metropolitan Hotel, which was later destroyed by a fire in 1869, is on the left.
Several Rochester landmarks are pictured in this early street scene. Some of the buildings visible are: Olmsted County Court House, Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church, Congregational Church, Old Central School and the Universalist Church.
This photograph shows a view of the Gorman building in St. Peter that was located on the northeast corner of the intersection of Minnesota Avenue and Mulberry street. It was replaced early in the twentieth century by a Carnegie library. To the north, at left, is the Cunningham Hotel.
Exterior view of the hardware store that was owned by M. G. Evenson in St. Peter. It was located next to Laubach's grocery store, which was on the southwest corner of the intersection of Minnesota Avenue and Park Row.
Exterior view of the Northwestern Hotel in St. Peter that was located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Front street and Park Row. In November of 1887, a fire in the hotel's stable destroyed the hotel and many other buildings.
Exterior view of the Randall and Noble store in St. Peter which was located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Minnesota Avenue and Nassau street. The store sold groceries and crockeryware.
Exterior view of the saloon owned by Herman Sporing in St. Peter. It was located on the east side of the 200 block of South Minnesota Avenue near the north end of the block. Sporing is standing in front of the building.
This photograph shows a store in St. Peter that sold picture frames and Howe sewing machines. It was located slightly north of the Nicollet Hotel, which was located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Minnesota Avenue and Park Row.
This photograph shows a tinsmith shop in St. Peter that was located on the west side of the 300 block of South Minnesota Avenue. Owner C. R. Woods sold stoves and tinware. Charles Feldman, C. R. Woods, and Harry Woods are in front of the shop.
Building made of wood, gable front with shutters and large front windows. Wood picket fence, beer sign. Nick Walerious is the proprietor. 19 people are in front of building and two women are in upper story windows; they are family members of the proprietor. Border Collie type dog stands at a mans side.
Five men are posed on the front porch of the E. D. Buck Store in High Forest, Minnesota. The men are, left to right: Charles Armstrong, Harry Johnson, Vet Johnson, E. D. Buck, V. C. Dickey. After serving in the civil War, E. D. Buck retired to High forest and engaged in the mercantile business.