Exterior view of the Mason and Boardman hardware store in St. Peter, which was located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Minnesota Avenue and Grace street. photograph E1393 shows the same "HARDWARE" sign.
400 Block, South Front Street, 1860, with horse-drawn buggies and buildings; notes on back of photo say,""1860--Front St.--Cherry to Jackson (West Side)" and ""More likely Jackson to Cherry." Photo is printed in reverse (text on signs is backwards).
Exterior view of the Krueger Hotel in St. Peter, which was located on the northeast corner of the intersection of Fifth street and Broadway. The hotel was operated by Mr. and Mrs. William Krueger. It was also called the Pink Hotel.
A view to the north along South Minnesota Avenue in St. Peter showing the east side of the 100 block (at center of photograph) and the east side of the 200 block (at right). Buildings on the west side of Minnesota Avenue are visible on the left side of the photograph.
Early Barn Bluff businesses are shown. On the far left is the sawmill of Grannis, Daniels and Company. The Francis Ives building is in the center and the Metropolitan Hotel, which was later destroyed by a fire in 1869, is on the left.
Several Rochester landmarks are pictured in this early street scene. Some of the buildings visible are: Olmsted County Court House, Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church, Congregational Church, Old Central School and the Universalist Church.