"Margaret Fletcher, Assistant in charge of Visual Aids, discusses selection of a film with Mrs. Allan Moore, while the Rev. Elder C. Anderson and George Grenander "preview" a film in a home-made projection unit, constructed from a cardboard carton. Visual Aids Service, Minneapolis Public Library, November, 1948."
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library
Taken on the stage of the Washington School, this was the highly popular Teeny-Weeny Band in 1933. Note the wide range of instruments, including accordions, piano, violins, clarinets, harmonicas, xylophones, guitars, and percussion instruments, to name a few.
Pictured is the Washington School in the spring of 1923, along with horse-drawn school buses and four motorized school vehicles. The students were transported by horse-drawn school buses, but motorized vehicles were beginning to come into use during this era.
This is a photograph of school transportation vehicles and the Washington School. The second truck from the right side is Matt Pykkonen's panel truck, which was one of three motorized vehicles used to bus students. The three trucks were privately owned. There are seven horse-drawn school buses and three motorized vehicles, several of which appear to have students in them. The horses were also privately owned, but the horse-drawn wagons were owned by the school district. The Washington School was quite new in this photo, having been built in 1921. It housed grades 1 through 6.
Members of a cooking class, from left to right: Stella Carlson, Lena Andert, Selma Thompson, Anna Peterson, Ella Tinseth, Miss Estenson, Agnes Aanerud, Selma Page. Note on back by donor reads "Believed to be the first class at W.C. If not the first, one of the very firsts"