In 1986, the box from a previous East Central Regional Library bookmobile was mounted on a new truck frame. Because the lights and heat ran off the alternator, it did not run during the coldest months. Nevertheless, it logged 298,000 miles during its service. Founded in 1959, is the oldest existing regional public library system in Minnesota. Headquartered in Cambridge, it is a consolidated library system with 14 libraries and Outreach Services and serves residents in Aitkin, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine counties.
The card catalog with drawers of cards indexing the library materials were replaced with microfiche readers at East Central Regional Library Headquarters by 1987. Founded in 1959, ECRL is the oldest existing regional public library system in Minnesota. Headquartered in Cambridge, it is a consolidated library system with 14 libraries and Outreach Services and serves residents in Aitkin, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine counties.
Exterior view of the Distrtict 42 Country School, Ann Township, 1902. The schoolhouse was located on the southwest corner of the northwest 1/4 in section 8. Shown are: Left to right, back row: Nellie Pederson (Mrs. I.N. Lunde), Tillie Harold, Henrietta Hanson, Menora Steen, Mabel Heggerston (Mrs. E. Kopperud), Alma Hanson, John Steen, Fred Pederson. Front Row: Jennie Steen, Mabel Aamodt, Ella Steen (Mrs. H.W. Fingarson), Edwin Heggerston, Peter Harold.
Exterior view of the District 43 Country School in Ann Township. Pictured is the schoolhouse, with teacher, Rose Norman, off to the left and 9 unidentified female children and 6 unidentified male children. 37 students were at the district that year but they are not all pictured here. The students included: Ester Backenberg, Ruth Backenberg, Anna Gullickson, Henry Gullickson, Martin Gullickson, Willie Gullickson, Alfred Haugan, Anna Haugan, Mary Haugan, Albin Haugen, Anna Haugness, Enga Haugness, Carl Johnson, Jens Johnson, Marie Johnson, Ragna Johnson (Kaas), Thea Johnson, Albert J. Kaas, James P. Kaas, Albert Kleven, Galena Kleven, Jennie Kleven, Martin Kleven, Oluf Kleven, Thor Kleven, Joseph Nelson, Nordahl Nelson, Cora Nordsiden (Kaas), Helga Nordsiden, Henry A. Nordsiden, Lillie Nordsiden, Minnie Nordsiden (Bakken), Nora Nordsiden, Oscar Nordsiden, Albert Olson, and Henry Takle.
Exterior view of Edwards Hall, former men's dormitory, at the end of Princeton Avenue in St. Paul. Contributed by Richard Uriah Jones, Macalester College Class of 1901, and Macalester Head of Chemistry Department 1903-1941, and Dean of the College, 1917-1936.