Ole O. Sageng, representative of Otter Tail County from 1900-1921. The postcard reads, "For Congress, Senator Ole O. Sageng, 'The Man Behind the Plow.' The Farmers will stand by him, he's a brother in their toil, And they will honor their own calling, the men who till the soil; They've had enough of lawyers, as guardians of their right, And on November third, they will Ole win his fight."
The current building opened its doors on December 13, 1930. It was only the second municipal building in Ely and with only one remodel done in 2014 - 2015, the building still functions well as the home of Ely's city government, fire hall, and police station.
Exterior view of the Jackson County Courthouse. The building's cornerstone was laid on July 9, 1907 and construction was completed in 1909. It is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This building once housed exhibits of the human and natural drama of the Superior National Forest and the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Later, after the United States Forest Service moved to other quarters, the building became the International Wolf Center.
This building looks exactly the same today as it did when built back in the 1930s. On the interior there are murals of miners and wildlife painted during the Great Depression through the New Deal art projects by Minnesota artist Elsa Jemne.