Graduating students stand outside (old) Holy Angels Academy on Fourth Street North, Minneapolis. The grade and high school opened in 1877. In 1907 the high school was transferred to St. Margaret's Academy (first location). The grade school closed in 1928. Both Holy Angels and St. Margaret's were owned and operated by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
Minneapolis Y. M. C. A. classroom showing boys at desks and doing sums at blackboards. The Young Men's Christian Association began just prior to 1900 to conduct night school programs, work-and-study plans so young people can better themselves through education.
University of Minnesota Libraries, Kautz Family YMCA Archives