Located on Block 19 in the original town, built in 1885 with an addition added in 1894. Used as a high school and grammar school. Demolished in 1934 and replaced with a new building, also known as Longfellow School. Note on back of original to Caroline Mork, Hancock, from Sadie E.
Front row, left to right: Sylvester McCarthy, Sweeny [boy], John Terrill, Emil Mecklenburg, Herman Mecklenburg, Henry McCarthy, Arthur Biesterfeld, Martin Biesterfeld, Sweeny [girl], Elsie Mecklenburg, Lena Osterman, Louise Mecklenburg, Ina Terrill, Alma Senholtz; Back row, left to right: John Suhrbier, John Osterman, John Mecklenburg, August Osterman, Vernus Suhrbeir, Albert Terrill, Willie Osterman, Mary Osterman, Alma Biesterfeld, Frieda Mecklenburg, Miss Keating [teacher].
Note on back of photograph reads: About 1883 or 1884 taken from the G.N. depot, located between 5th and 6th Streets looking in a westerly direction. The following Morris Tribune article may refer to this photo as being one in a series of three. Mr. Elliott, the photographer, went out on the L.F. and D. road one day last week and made three photographs, instantaneous, of the snow plow and engine. In the first the engine and plow are at a stand-still; in the second the rate of speed is about eight miles per hour, and in the third is shown the effect on the plow in striking a drift at the rate of sixty miles an hour. Int the third picture nothing but a cloud of flying snow can be seen. Taken together, the three pictures make an interesting series. They are on sale at the gallery.
Originally located at the corner of Sixth Street and Oregon Avenue, the fire station was built about 1884 and torn down in July, 1926. From right to left: W. J. Munro (chief), T. A. Callahan (Engineer), Isaac Imes, William McCullogh, ?, ?, L. W. Northcott, J. E. Spooner, [no further identification given].
Note on back of photograph reads: June 1888 G. A R. (Grand Army of the Republic) Encampment taken at intersection of what is now West Seveneth Street and Wyoming Avenue. Our Old home FEW [Frank E. Ware].
Studio portrait of employees. Front row, left to right: Joe Gaffney, Agnes Benn Olson, Margaret Galvin, Laura Thoele. Middle row, left to right: Ivar Hanson, Milton Kernz, C.J. Guter, Ed Healy, Miss Stinson Back row, left to right: F.A. Hancock, Getz, F.A. Mullen, ?, ?