Photograph showing the exterior of St. Agatha's Conservatory. The first location (1884-1886) of St. Agatha's Conservatory of Art and Music was in the Lick house, on 10th and Main streets. (It had belonged to Dr. William Lick, an eye doctor charged with the murder of his wife.) Classes of music and needlework were offered here. The house also served as a residence for about 20 Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet teaching in downtown Catholic grade schools.
Display of the T.H. Lewis Collection of artifacts. These were artifacts taken from Native American burial mounds in the Mississippi River basin, and put on display for a short time at Macalester College. Macalester founder and first President Edward D. Neill was one of the first excavators of the mounds at Burial Mounds Park in St. Paul, Minnesota, and described some of the objects in this collection.
Washington Elementary School contains a beautiful 900 seat auditorium as well as the Workman murals. It was built in 1908 but became the junior high school in 1959 when a new elementary school was built. Today it once more serves as the elementary school.