Stereoview of St. Paul, Minneapolis & Manitoba Railway workers shown laying track east of Moorhead in October 1880. Two crews hold and prepare to lay rails on ties at left while horse-drawn car behind carries rails and materials.
Vicksburg was on the main road south of Wilmar. To cross the river a ferry was necessary. Robert Davis started the Ferry on June 7, 1877, but the first was license was issued to G. W. Braley. Evelyn Rieber got a five year license in May, 1884. She sold it two months later to Cleutus Bell who operated it until a bridge was built in 1888.
Stereoview of people in boats, on bank and on bridge pose during Red River flood of 1881 or 1882. View is to the northwest from just south of Moorhead end of Northern Pacific Railway bridge to Fargo, Dakota Territory; visible in distance beyond bridge is stern of the U. S. government dredge the "Unser Fritz."
This stereo view of the Winona and St. Peter Railroad Bridge over the Minnesota River shows the St. Peter State Hospital in the distance. A building and large piles of wood are visible below the bridge.
According to description on the verso appears to have been part of a set taken for the opening of the Northern Pacific Railroad in Minneapolis; street decorations; electric power pole; streetcar tracks, unpaved streets, and buildings.
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library