Pamphlet on the "Statement of the Object of Jesus College, Proposed to be established at the Falls of Saint Anthony, Nine miles by Railway from Saint Paul, the Capital of Minnesota." Describes the aims of the College, its Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced Class, and includes religious creeds and quotes.
Pamphlet reproducing a letter written by Edward Duffield Neill to Eugene M. Wilson, the Mayor of Minneapolis, correcting remarks Wilson made. The letter describes the aims of Jesus College and its two schools, The Baldwin Grammar School and the School of Christian Literature. it also includes the "Announcement for 1873" for the Winter Term commencing January 7, 1873.
First academic catalog for the Minneapolis School of Fine Arts, established and governed by the Minneapolis Society of Fine Arts. The school later became an independent organization under the name, Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Includes extracts from the Articles of Incorporation of the society, adopted January 31, 1883, and a list of its directors and officers for 1886. Advertisements at back (pages 8-12, page 3 of cover). 12 pages: illustrations.
Annual report featuring a statement by Board President T.B. Walker, and statistical and financial data reported by Librarian Herbert Putnam. Appendices include books by classification, circulation by month, circulation by classification, Northside branch circulation, Franklin branch circulation, summary of statistics, and a list of donors.
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library
Letter from William W. Folwell, University of Minnesota Librarian to J. Fletcher Williams, Minnesota Historical Society Librarian, dated 12/23/1891, asking Williams to call for the formation of a state library association to meet in connection with the State Teachers Association in order to foster public school libraries.
Report of the third annual meeting of the Minneapolis Library Association held December 27, 1893 in the Minneapolis Public Library. Topics discussed include devices displayed for librarians at the World's Fair, and the advance printed catalogue cards. Resolution in support of the Printing Bill to distribute public documents with request for support from Minnesota senators.
Graduating students stand outside (old) Holy Angels Academy on Fourth Street North, Minneapolis. The grade and high school opened in 1877. In 1907 the high school was transferred to St. Margaret's Academy (first location). The grade school closed in 1928. Both Holy Angels and St. Margaret's were owned and operated by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet