Barto, A. (signer); Merriman, O. C. (signer); Szalbury, Channing (signer); Buckman, C. B. (signer); Cooper, John (signer)
Detailed report on the organization of relief activities, fund-raising, emergency assistance, policies for distribution of relief funds and supplies, and summaries of relief work undertaken and distributions made following a cyclone that devastated the vicinity of Saint Cloud and Sauk Rapids on April 14, 1886.
Stereoview of golf ball sized hailstones piled on the wooden sidewalk from storm of June 22, 1880 in Moorhead. The hailstorm broke nearly every north facing window in town including the skylight at Ole. E. Flaten's photo studio.
Note on back of photograph reads: About 1883 or 1884 taken from the G.N. depot, located between 5th and 6th Streets looking in a westerly direction. The following Morris Tribune article may refer to this photo as being one in a series of three. Mr. Elliott, the photographer, went out on the L.F. and D. road one day last week and made three photographs, instantaneous, of the snow plow and engine. In the first the engine and plow are at a stand-still; in the second the rate of speed is about eight miles per hour, and in the third is shown the effect on the plow in striking a drift at the rate of sixty miles an hour. Int the third picture nothing but a cloud of flying snow can be seen. Taken together, the three pictures make an interesting series. They are on sale at the gallery.
Several people are viewing the damage from the 1883 tornado. A man is standing next to a piece of furniture and a boy is sitting with a large toy horse. Among the debris on the ground is a stove, windows and an umbrella. The inscription on the photo is: ""Cascade Park, 20 houses destroyed, 8 persons killed near here."" The tornado struck Rochester in the early evening of Aug. 21, 1883.
Two children are sitting on piles of bricks at the rear of the destroyed Rochester Harvester Works building. Piles of lumber and bricks surround the children. The tornado struck Rochester in the early evening of Aug. 21, 1883.