Stereoscope view of Lincoln Avenue looking west from Cascade Street. Image includes view of dirt road lined with early businesses including the Fergus Falls Daily Journal office and Cataract Hotel. Image also includes covered wagons and carriages.
Portrait of John W. Mason [1846-1927]. John Mason was born in La Peer, Michigan. With his parents, he came to Minnesota shortly before the Civil War. He studied law under G. B. Cooley, being admitted to the bar in 1871. He arrived in Fergus Falls on June 7, 1871 and soon became city attorney.
Portrait of Enos Barbeau [1840-1908]. Born in Quebec, Canada he worked in the fur trade. He came to Ottertail City in 1867 and moved to Fergus Falls in 1875. In Fergus Falls he engaged in the manufacture of lime, a business he ran for 25 years.
The St. Charles Hotel was located on the Northeast corner of Washington (aka, Bismarck) Avenue and Cascade Street. This images also includes Charles J. Wright's office at 310 Cascade Street South and several men, women and children.