A lithographed photograph showing the buildings and countryside of Storden, Minnesota in 1904. Three grain elevators, one lumber yard, one saloon and the depot are visible. The road in the foreground is now the Main Street in Storden today.
Trees and shrubs are a visible part of Plymouth Congregational Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota. This picture appears to be a painted photograph of the front of the church. The fourth Plymouth Congregational Church building is located on Groveland Avenue between Nicollet and LaSalle Avenues in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The decision to follow its membership and move further south on Nicollet Avenue was inevitable but controversial. The building committee, led by Joseph Kingman, selected the Boston architectural firm Shepley, Rutan, and Coolidge. The style is English Rural Gothic inspired by the Congregational Church of Newton Centre, Massachusetts. The exterior is constructed of seam-faced granite from a quarry in St. Cloud, Minnesota. The interior features wooden trusses and oak paneling.
Construction shot of the bridge and the approach to the bridge from Minnesota Point or South Lake Avenue, Minnesota Avenue. This photograph has been physically altered; the background has been whited out and buildings drawn over.
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections
Mrs. Putzke was a homeless woman who lived in a vacant hotel building with her children in the 1930s. The Beisswenger family took her in and she remained on their farm for 35 years. Her two daughters lived in the home as hired help and Mrs. Putzke lived in the farm sheds, peeling potatoes, topping vegetables, and preparing berries and produce. As poor as people were in the 1930s, many extended charity and generosity to people such as her.