Street view with unpaved streets with horses and buggies; awnings extended on the first floor windows. Buildings in foreground could be the First National Hotel located at Washington Avenue at corner of 2nd Avenue South and Nicollet Avenue.
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library
Washington Avenue looking south in Detroit, Minnesota (became Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, in 1926). Written on the back of the image is "Detroit Lakes, Minnesota-1873, Washington Avenue, looking south-westside, Dave Carson's Drug Store at extreme left, box car on N.P. Railroad Track".
Elevator and Lake Superior & Mississippi Depot, Stillwater, MN. Elevator was erected in 1870 and has a capacity of 38,000 bushels. Lake Superior & Mississippi Division of the Northern Pacific Railroad was completed to Stillwater in 1871.
Superior street and first avenue east looking west; building signs on upper side; Globe Hotel and Restaurant boardwalk;the buildings at the right in the foreground are about 201-205 East Superior Street just east of Second Avenue East, they burned in the spring of 1875
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections