Washington Avenue looking south in Detroit, Minnesota (became Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, in 1926). Written on the back of the image is "Detroit Lakes, Minnesota-1873, Washington Avenue, looking south-westside, Dave Carson's Drug Store at extreme left, box car on N.P. Railroad Track".
Elevator and Lake Superior & Mississippi Depot, Stillwater, MN. Elevator was erected in 1870 and has a capacity of 38,000 bushels. Lake Superior & Mississippi Division of the Northern Pacific Railroad was completed to Stillwater in 1871.
Superior street and first avenue east looking west; building signs on upper side; Globe Hotel and Restaurant boardwalk;the buildings at the right in the foreground are about 201-205 East Superior Street just east of Second Avenue East, they burned in the spring of 1875
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections