Crew of the "Tomahawk" posed with arms crossed. This image was taken at the old Minnetonka Yacht Club on Lighthouse Island on Lake Minnetonka. From left to right: Telford Doerr, Charles F. Reiter (mainsheet), Anson "Babe" Purchase, Halie W. Reiter and George Purchase. All crew members are wearing shirts marked with a "T" for Tomahawk.
The 38 foot scow "Tomahawk" departing from a private dock in what is now the lagoon area between Lake of the Isles and Lake Calhoun. In the cockpit are are Halie W. Reiter, Joseph Reiter, Ed Pommer in the derby hat.
Official boat on Lake Calhoun, bound for Lake of the Isles to link the two lakes. In 1911 the city of Minneapolis connected Lakes of the Isles with Lake Calhoun by a canal. The "Linking of the Lakes" was a week-long civic celebration.
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library
Calhoun C Scow Fleet on Lake Calhoun. The sailboats are skippered and crewed by John Wiggins, George and Charles Reiter, Lewis and "Pop" Miner, and Dick and Bob Garwood. Note: all sailboat are gaffrigs, but some boats have pointed bows and some have smooth, blunt, rounded bows.
Left to right- Dick Sachett, Dick Garwood, Frank Bauman, Don Pott, Stuart Lemon, Marshall Ervin, Eric Peterson, Bill Chandler, R. F. Peterson, Bobby Smith, Barry Ervin Sr., Berry Ervin Jr., Paul Whiting Lewis Miner Sr., Lewis Miner Jr., Carlton DeRum, E.C. Garwood, ? Bauman.