Exterior view of an ornate brick building with double double-decker cupola on top of house; elaborate frame decking; walkway or road with wood fence posts/gate; tree and another structure can be seen in the background.
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library
The photograph was taken from the corner of 6th Street and Nicollet Avenue, looking down Nicollet Avenue. The tower at left in the distance is at 4th and Nicollet. The Syndicate Block building was the home of the Minneapolis Young Men's Christian Association from 1883 to 1892. The move to this building was taken in order that the YMCA keep in step with the general movement of business and activity 'uptown.' The Old Market Hall location was maintained by the Y. M. C. A. as the Bridge Square Branch with primary emphasis on religious evangelism directed towards transients.
University of Minnesota Libraries, Kautz Family YMCA Archives