The Minneapolis, Lyndale & Minnetonka Railway ran steam powered trains between downtown Minneapolis, Lake Minnetonka and Minnehaha Park. Within the city they ran down the street. This is 31st Street and Nicollet Avenue.
Streetcar 169 with trailer 136. This photo shows the first electric streetcars on the first line in Saint Paul on February 22, 1890. Thomas Lowry and Archbishop John Ireland are in the front row on 169.
Looking northwest at a southbound car on Greenbrier Street. The caption reads "1880, and this is last car on Greenbrier before the line was moved to Payne Avenue" The caption appears to be incorrect as the line stayed on Greenbrier. The car depicted wasn't delivered until 1884.