Exterior view of Stearns House with men and women standing on the balcony and in front of the building. The Stearns House, a former hotel purchased by the state, served as a St. Cloud State's first and only building when the school was established in 1869.
Charles Forbes was Professor Natural Sciences at Macalester College from 1885-1892. The photograph is of the interior of his house on Summit Avenue in St. Paul. He is seated in the chair by the fireplace. Two of his children are also in the photograph. The oil painting over the fireplace is of the schooner yacht "America", painted by Dr. Forbes.
Charles Forbes was Professor of Natural Sciences at Macalester College from 1885-1892. The photograph is of the interior of his house on Summit Avenue in St. Paul. His wife, "Libbie Bruff Forbes" is seated in the photograph.
Hamline University Glee Club in rehearsal on the stage of Bridgman Hall in University Hall (also known as Old Main). Arthur Z. Drew at far left. A portrait of Bishop Leonidas Lent Hamline, for whom the university is named, hangs on the back wall.
Sunday school class led by the Reverend James Ansel Sutton, who is in the center of the group. Sutton was an 1888 Hamline University graduate and he served as a Methodist Episcopal minister in Minnesota, Washington, Alaska, and California.
Mohn family sitting in front of Main overlooking Northfield. From left to right; Adults: Unknown, Unknown, College President Thorbjorn N. Mohn, Edward Mohn, Mrs. Mohn, Mrs. O.G. Felland. Children in front: George Mohn (in carriage), Ray Mohn, John Mohn, Thonny Felland, ""Pooh-Bah""- the campus dog mascot. See http://www.stolaf.edu/collections/archives/shows/cornerstone/index.html