Hamline University Glee Club in rehearsal on the stage of Bridgman Hall in University Hall (also known as Old Main). Arthur Z. Drew at far left. A portrait of Bishop Leonidas Lent Hamline, for whom the university is named, hangs on the back wall.
Sunday school class led by the Reverend James Ansel Sutton, who is in the center of the group. Sutton was an 1888 Hamline University graduate and he served as a Methodist Episcopal minister in Minnesota, Washington, Alaska, and California.
Group shot of the Macalester baseball team in striped hats. First row: William Porter Lee, Class of 1889; Benjamin Irvin, 1889; Albert Tyler, 1890; George Achard, 1889; Billy Morse, 1888. Second row: Billy Pitts, 1890?; Paul McCurdy, 1889; Will Kirkwood, 1890; Sam Kirkwood, 1889; Thaddeus Creswell, 1890.
Streetcar 169 with trailer 136. This photo shows the first electric streetcars on the first line in Saint Paul on February 22, 1890. Thomas Lowry and Archbishop John Ireland are in the front row on 169.
Macalester College buildings and houses, left to right: Old Main, 1st President's House at 1586 Summit Avenue, Wallace House at 1596 Summit Avenue, Eutrophian Hall? Or grocerty? on Grand Avenue, faculty house at 1620 Summit Avenue, Ramsey School on Grand Avenue
Faculty houses and a church on Summit Avenue, looking west. The church is likely the first site of Macalester Presbyterian Church at 1652 Summit. The church building was dedicated on January 12, 1890. Caption reads: "Sweep of prairie on Summit Avenue looking west. Row of faculty homes; church."