The farm of the John Farrell family who came to America from Ireland in 1849. They bought their first 160 acres at Lake Johanna in present-day Arden Hills, from Major McLean, the Indian agent, and the title was signed by President Millard Fillmore in 1868. The Farrell family donated the land for St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. Today Mounds View High School, the St. John's church, school and other parish buildings, the Arden Hills Ramsey County Branch Library, and the Minnesota Baptist Conference headquarters are on that property.
Depicted here is the homestead of Johan (Piekkola) Jacobson homestead, as well as his family, located on the Forstie Road. Left to right are Johan (Piekkola) Jacobson, Amanda Jacobson, holding Henry (Ham) in her lap; Axel Jacobson, Arvid Jacobson, Hann
Pioneer Charles A. Marks, his family and horses, are depicted in front of their remodeled home. The Marks family settled in Thomson Township in 1878. Charles A. Marks was the second county commissioner of Carlton County to serve from the Town of Thomson, in 1901. His original Finnish surname was Markkus. He operated a productive dairy farm located on the Midway River. One of his dairy cows can be seen between the three unidentified ladies. Presumably Charles Marks is the person holding the horses. He was born in Finland in 1854 and died in Thomson Township in 1921.
Jens Forseth is with the oxen. Dorothy Kirkvold Forseth is in the buggy. Mr. and Mrs. Peder Bogen are standing with their children by the wagon. Jay Bogen and Ina Bogen Trulock. All are standing in front of the Peder Bogen home.
Threshing crew in St. Clair area with threshing equipment and 7 men, including Willie Hall, Manaige, Jake Chase, and Campbell Henry. Note on photo says,""Photo taken in St. Clair area. Hall, Chase and Campbell were all married to Foster sisters. Manaige was a Winnebago Indian."