Left to Right: Bob Younger; Cole Younger; and Jim Younger; portraits of the three notorious Younger . The Younger Brothers were captured by a local posse on September 21, 1876, on the bank of the Watonwan River.
Group portrait of the posse that captured the Younger Brothers (Cole Younger, Jim Younger, and Bob Younger) at Madelia, Minnesota in September of 1876. The Younger Brothers were members of the James-Younger Gang.
Portrait of five police officers in uniform. The location of this photograph is unknown; but the Iron Range includes parts of the following Minnesota counties: Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis.
Exterior view of the administration building which was originally called the Minnesota Reform School and is currently named the Minnesota Correctional Facility. It is also the bubject of Bob Dylan's song, "Walls of Red Wing", 1963.
This photograph was taken probably at Superior Street between Eight and Ninth avenues east. The building in the background is First Baptist Church at 830 East First Street. Duluth police department's first paddy wagon three men and a uniformed policeman.
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections
First Grand Jury for the new courthouse, May 19, 1909. From left to right starting at the top. Top left: Frank Gillespie, Deputy Sheriff. Top row: F. Wazlahowsky, G. L. Lardon, R. Olson, L. W. Sevatson, A. Richter, H. A. White, H. Christoffers. Middle Row: L. F. Ashley, Geo Withers, W. Motl, P. Dilley, J. O. Conner, B. O. Rue, D. C. Coward, S. C. Case. Bottom Row: M. L. Ashley, J. P Brakke, F. Hampel, (or Homfel), F. Bailey, J. P. Greenland, E. A. Nasby, J. O. Lilleberg.