Members of West Elbow Lake Lutheran Church are gathered outside their church building. Two pastors are seated in the front row. The choir, dressed in choir robes, is standing in the center of the photo.
Panoramic group photo of last day trip on June 19, 1954, taken at the 44th Street and Brookside Avenue loop in Edina, Minnesota. Caption reads, "Street car finale over Harriet Lines, University inter campis [sic] Snelling shops, sponsored by Minnesota Railfans Association, Inc. June 19, 1954. Picture scene Brookside"
Members of the First Lutheran Church are gathered in a park across the street from their church. Choir members in robes are in the center of the photo. Portions of the Grant County Courthouse and Anna J. Scofield Memorial Auditorium can be seen through the trees in the background. A portion of the Elbow Lake bandstand is on the left of the photo.
Boys and girls are posed in three rows outside the east side of the Anna J. Scofield Memorial Building. A portion of the Grant County Court House is seen in the background on the right. The girls in the front row hold their diplomas on their lap.
In the years following World War II, great numbers of men enrolled in Luther Theological Seminary seeking to become pastors in the Lutheran Church. This panoramic photograph includes both students and faculty with most of the seminary faculty seated in the center of the front row. The group was posed in front of the new library and classroom building that was in the midst of construction. This building was later named Gullixson Hall in honor of T.F. (Thaddaeus Franke) Gullixson, president of Luther Theological Seminary, 1930-1954.